Do any of the following feel true…at least some of the time?
- You feel that you are placed here on earth for a reason, that you were intended to do something special, to fulfill your unique role in God’s story for the world…but you feel you haven’t found what that is yet.
- You’re discerning your vocation–or you want to discern your vocation–and you don’t know where to start.
- You want to do God’s will, but you’re not sure what that is. Or you worry that you aren’t “up to it” and so you put off trying.
- You are searching for meaning, for a deeper purpose in life. But you feel disorganized, overwhelmed, uncertain how to juggle priorities, so that you end up doing things which may be important to others…but don’t feel as important to you.
- You always wanted to be someone who “made a difference,” to be part of something greater than yourself, something that could really change lives, and you’re frustrated because you don’t feel that what you do matters.
- You worry that you are meandering through life, not fulfilling what you are meant to do here on earth, not living your own story fully.
- Looking back on your life, you worry that you’ve made the wrong choices, and now you’ve reached a turning point in your life, but you don’t know what to do…or if your choice will even matter any more.
If any of these thoughts or feelings resonate with you, this blog (which I hope eventually to turn into a book) might be able to help you to sort through your life using the spiritual art of discernment.
* Which (if any) of the above statements ring true for you? If you can, write about the one that best describes your inner state.
* If you viewed your life as a story, how would you describe where you are right now? What’s lacking in your story?
* What are you hoping to “get” from reading this blog or book?
Share your insights and thoughts here or in the comments box below!