We are so blessed to have been invited by Catholic TV to come in for a show about the Year of Consecrated Life, and what we’re doing to celebrate it (and our centenary year of the founding of the Daughters of Saint Paul).
Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouvé talks about the anniversary edition of arguably the most beautiful document on religious life: Vita Consecrata by St. John Paul II, and I talk about our centenary year and all the great things we’re doing for the 100th “birthday” of the Daughters of Saint Paul–100 years of media evangelization, 100 years of living and communicating Christ, our Way, Truth, and Life! Here are a few–a comprehensive list will go up on our www.pauline.org website soon!
- World Communications Day Mass for communication arts professionals in the New England area on May 17, 2015, at our convent chapel here in Boston with CatholicTV’s own Father Robert Reed: www.pauline.org/WCDMass
- Centenary Mass of Thanksgiving on June 14, 2015, with Cardinal Séan O’Malley at St. Theresa of Avila Parish in West Roxbury, MA. (RSVPs requested at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YORK AREA
- Day of Recollection and Centenary Mass of Thanksgiving on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, June 6, at Holy Family Parish, New York, NY. (Email me if you’re interested in more information.)
ONLINE & MEDIA
- Media Apostle: The Father James Alberione Story available on DVD and streaming at www.MediaApostle.com
- Consecrated Life (Vita Consecrata) Anniversary Edition by St. John Paul II, with commentary by Marianne Lorraine Trouvé, FSP.
- Digital Magazine: 100 Years of Hope: Stories Celebrating the Centenary of the Daughters of Saint Paul (Link to arrive shortly)
- This blog: CoAuthorYourLifewithGod.com
- DiscernIt! App, an app to help young women discern their vocation which I talk about on the show
I was privileged to help in a small way with developing our Discern It! App, which we created for discerners for this Year of Consecrated Life. I’ve mentioned it here before, but on the show I have a chance to show a few screenshots and explain how helpful it can be–not just as a novena for when someone is at the beginning of their vocational discernment, but also for helping them through some of the most challenging moments of their discernment, with wise advice offered:
- from the Scripture
- from sisters’ experience of how Jesus speaks to us in prayer
- from journaling and follow-up prompts
- from your prayer and time with Jesus
- from audio clips from wise vocations director, Sr. Margaret Michael
The Discern It! App offers real accompaniment for anyone discerning their vocation, and it’s free to download and use–for iOS and Android.
Our interview ended with a request for our thoughts on the Year of Consecrated Life. Personally, I want to make this year a year of gratitude to God for the gift of my vocation as a consecrated religious. I also want to use it:
- as an opportunity to thank the sisters, brothers, and priests who so generously make a gift of themselves in religious consecration
- a time to focus my prayer for young people: that this year highlighting religious life will encourage young people to be open to God’s call to the religious life
- a way to encourage parents and others who will encourage young people to consider religious life as a real possibility for their future